When you boil it down to its essence, personal finance is about three things: Earning money, spending money and saving money. And most of us don’t have much control over the first one.
TODAY is launching a new weekly series – Frugal Fridays – to help you with smart ways to spend and save your hard-earned dollars. But we want this project to be about YOU – the TODAY viewers – not us. We want to hear your money-saving ideas. We want to brainstorm with you on ways to keep your household budget from spiraling out of control.
Here are just a few examples:
- How do you keep costs down when going out to dinner with your family?
- Are you a coupon clipper? What tips can you share?
- Do you consider yourself a super shopper? Tell us your secrets.
- The holidays are coming! Let’s brainstorm ideas on how to stay on budget.
- How are you teaching your children about the importance of saving?
Every Friday, Jean Chatzky will discuss these important pocketbook issues on TODAY. But we need your participation. We will reach out to you and feature your ideas on air, online on Facebook and on Twitter ( #frugalfridays ) .
Please fill out this Frugal Friday form. We may use your story in an upcoming segment