So long winter and hello spring!
Now that hope is officially in sight, let's talk about all things April (pesky rain showers aside, even if they do bring May flowers), starting with warmer weather, blooming flowers and Easter wishes.
However, before we get to the good stuff, let's address the elephant in the room: the high jinks pulled on April Fools' Day.
Whether you love or hate April 1, it's going to happen so you might as well lean into the prank-filled celebration. Even if you aren't planning any tomfoolery, join in on the fun by telling one of these April Fools' Day jokes.
Because unlike swapping toothpaste for cooking filling, sharing a few seasonal jokes is more likely to leave 'em laughing than, say, short-sheeting their bed.
And don't worry, these corny one-liners are versatile, so you can use them for just about anything, including as a funny text to send friends and family or clever Instagram note that provides an April Fools' laugh that doesn't involve deception.
From funny puns to silly knock-knock jokes, we've collected some of the best one-liners so that when April 1 rolls around, you'll be ready to go.
Better yet, these short jokes — as bad and eye-roll worthy as they may be — are perfectly acceptable to break out at work, home, school or just about anywhere else. And, we promise, that's no joke.
Best April Fools' jokes
- Why do omelettes love April Fools’? They enjoy practical yolks.
- What kind of pickles do spring flowers like? Daffo-dills.
- What do bees use to fix their hair? Honeycombs.
- What did the calendar say after April Fools' was declared a holiday? Prank you, prank you very much.
- What do you call a sunny day that follows two rainy April days? Monday.
- What do storm clouds wear under their pants? Thunderwear.
- How did the skeleton know that April showers were on the way? He could feel it in his bones.
- What does a rainbow do when it gets a papercut? Yell, "Ow!"
- What did the tree say when spring finally arrived? What a re-leaf.
- Did you hear about the cloud that tried catching some fog? It mist.
- How can you tell when April is happy? It has a spring in its step.
- Why is everyone so tired on April 1? Because they just finished a 31-day march.
- What did the tree say to the new spring flower? I'm rooting for you.
- If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims.
- What flower grows between your nose and chin? Two-lips.
- Can February March? No, but April May.
- Why was the flower late to school? It decided to stay in its bed.
- What did one flower say to the other? Let's be buds.
- What goes up when April showers come down? An umbrella.
- What do you call an Easter bunny with fleas? Bugs Bunny.
- What kind of garden do bakers grow? Flour garden.
- What do you get when you cross a dog and a tulip? A collie-flower.
- What did one spring chicken say to the other? You're egg-cellent.
- Which monster loves April Fool's Day? Prank-enstein.
April Fools' one-liners
- What did April Fools' say when it received a gift? Well, prank you!
- Why is the letter "A" like a flower? A bee comes after it.
- What's a baby chick's favorite pasta dish? Egg-plant parmesan.
- Did you hear about the daisy that was excited for spring? It wet its plants.
- I lost all my winter weight. Now I just have spring rolls.
- When's the best time to buy a trampoline? In the spring.
- What did one spring flower say to the other? Be-leaf in yourself.
- Why don't flowers like to ride bicycles? They keep losing their petals.
- What did summer say to spring? Help! I'm about to fall.
- When shouldn't you plant spring flowers? When you haven't botany.
- Did you hear about the successful florist? Business is positively blooming.
- Why do bumblebees hum? They don't know the words.
- What has a bow but can't be tied? A rainbow.
- How can you tell if a plant is good at math? It has square roots.
- What do baseball teams and pancakes have in common? They both need a good batter.
Funny April Fools' knock-knock jokes
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Anita. Anita who? Anita know when April Fools' Day is.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Lena. Lena who? Lena bit closer and I'll tell you.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Otto. Otto who? You otto know April Fools' is on April 1.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Beak. Beak who? Beak careful that you don't get pranked on April Fools' Day.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Noah. Noah who? Noah good April Fools' joke?
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Bean. Bean who? Bean a long time since spring was here.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Boo. Boo who? Don't cry, it's just an April Fools' joke.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Justin. Justin who? Justin time for another April Fools' Day prank.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Sofa. Sofa who? Sofa these have been pretty good April Fool's jokes.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Gwen. Gwen who? Gwen do you think you're gonna prank me, let's get it over with.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Lenny. Lenny who? Lenny know when you're done with these April Fools' Day jokes.