Friday's your last day to pick which college Kathie Lee and Hoda should visit! Vote here. In the spirit of celebrating campus living, KLG, a mom of two kids away at college, is sharing her tips for surviving the empty nest.
1. Find something to do that makes you so exhausted that by the end of the day you're too exhausted to miss them as much as you really do.
2. Bake cookies.
3. Close their bedroom doors and try not to go inside and cry at any time!
4. Take a long weekend and surprise them with a visit. They'll either love you for it or hate you but they will be stuck with you for three days.
5. Remember you're not alone.
6. Have a get-together with your students' friends' parents. They're miserable too.
7. Pray for them every time they come to mind or heart.
Parents, how do you handle this change? What are some of your tips? Share them below in the comments.