Give them a kiss they can hold on to
We always say, “It’s the thought that matters.” This holiday season make those words count by making gifts that say more. Here are some easy and fun ways to create holiday gifts inspired by one of life’s most affectionate acts: the kiss.
(1) A "clothespin kissing couple"
You don’t have to be a DIY master to get crafty and personalized with this kiss-themed gift. Plus, crafting can be a fun activity to do with friends and family over the holidays.
Use these clothespin-kissing couples as gift topper, an ornament, or just surprise someone you love by standing it up on their dresser!
The sky is the limit with these but here are the basics on how to make one.
- small paintbrushes
- acrylic paints
- a pencil
- hot glue gun
- any other fabric/accessories you want to use on your clothespins, e.g. ribbon
1. Using your pencil, lightly mark where you’d like the clothing to be or any other outlines for the paint.
2. Paint or draw in any face/hair details and clothes. Keep it simple.
3. Glue anything extra like lace, ribbons, buttons or glitter for additional glamour.
The holiday season means fireplaces, chestnuts and of course, mistletoe. By making Kissletoe, a mistletoe made of HERSHEY’S KISSES DELUXE Chocolates, you can bring the affection wherever you go. And then have some chocolate to chase the kiss.
Here's how to make them:
- 4-inch (pictured) or 3-inch Styrofoam ball(s)
- Decorated Wired ribbon
- HERSHEY’S KISSES DELUXE Chocolates (approximately 50-count for a 4-inch ball or 26 for a 3-inch ball)
- Hot glue gun & approximately 2 glue sticks
- 1 large piece of Aluminum Foil (enough to cover the Styrofoam ball)
- Using a pen or pencil, push through each ball to make a hole through the center of the ball (from end to end).
- Feed the ribbon through the first ball and knot at the bottom.
- Wrap Styrofoam ball in aluminum foil
- Using hot glue, glue HERSHEY'S KISSES DELUXE Chocolates on each ball.
- Set aside to allow glue to dry
- When dry, your Kissletoe is ready to be hung using the attached ribbon
(3) Frame your kisses
Make a pretty, personalized kiss-themed gift for a loved one by kissing a piece of craft paper with different colored lipstick. Mat and frame it for whatever look is important to the recipient –-modern, rustic, etc. Every time they look at it, they’ll think of you. And your lips.
- Lipstick in at least a few different colors
- Thick paper
- Matting/frame if desired
- Pucker-up and kiss the paper however you wish
- Frame or mat your design!
(4) A holiday card with a little treat
Handmade cards are always thoughtful and what better way to say more than by literally saying more in your own words. Add in candy and don’t forget to seal it with a kiss.
- Pre-made or handmade card/plain paper
- Paint or markers
- Optional: a small plastic box
- Something to put inside the box (e.g HERSHEY’S KISSES DELUXE chocolates) or attach to the card
- Optional: Ribbon to tie the card to the box or any other decorative accents
- Paint or write your message on the card – one or both sides--and “seal it with a kiss”
- Glue or tape candies to a card or put them inside a small box. Attach the card to the box with ribbon.
(5) Chocolate ornaments
Spruce up your tree with crafted ornaments made out of real HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates and HERSHEY’S KISSES DELUXE Chocolates. This is a fun project that can become part of your family’s holiday tradition.
Supplies (1 candy mouse):
- 2 HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates or HERSHEY’S KISSES DELUXE Chocolates
- Hot Glue Sticks or Craft Glue
- Googly Eyes
- 2 Small Pom-Poms
- Create the hanger for the mouse ornament:
a. Cut a piece of ribbon about 8-inches long. Fold it in half to form a loop.
b. Place glue on the bottom of one of the HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates or HERSHEY’S KISSES DELUXE Chocolates and press the ends of the ribbon into the glue.
c. Place glue on the bottom of the other candy and press it onto the ribbon ends.
d. You’ll end up with the ends of the ribbon between the two candies.
- Make the mouse ornament’s face:
a. Cut the end of the tag from the candy that will be the mouse’s face. Leave the other tag in second candy to be the mouse’s tail.
b. Create the ears by gluing little pom-poms (as shown, in red) or two small circles of red felt to the candies right in front of the hanging ribbon.
c. Glue the wiggle eyes in front of the ears and you can glue a small red pom-pom on as the mouse’s nose.
- Your ornament will be ready to hang once the glue is cool and dry!
(6) HERSHEY'S KISSES DELUXE Chocolates
Here’s a holiday tradition ready to be had: giving your loved one the new HERSHEY’S KISSES DELUXE Chocolates. The classic HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates are now twice as big and include a combination of a whole roasted hazelnut, creamy layers and delicate crisps. The packaging is classy and beautiful and would work well as a special gift for a loved one, a teacher or as a stocking stuffer.