At TODAY we take care to recommend items we hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY may get a small share of the revenue.
Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! TODAY does have affiliate relationships with various online retailers. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
I recently tried a product that changed everything I know about doing laundry, and I’m officially hooked.
One of my least favorite parts about washing clothes is adding the detergent to the load. The bottle is heavy, I never really know how much to pour, and the cap always gets gross and sticky with soap residue after I use it.
So, when I came across Dreambly Laundry Sheets, I was seriously intrigued.
Dreambly Laundry Sheets, $20, Amazon
What Are They?
The all-in-one laundry gems can replace all those bottles in your laundry room. Just one sheet is a detergent, stain remover, fabric softener, whitener, brightener and static remover.
How Do They Work?
- 1. Toss them in with your laundry. The package comes with individual sheets (picture a wet dryer sheet) that you throw in with your wash: one sheet for a normal load, two for a heavy one. They can be used in any kind of washing machine and are made with all-natural ingredients. Though the package says the sheets have a clean lemon sage scent, it’s very light. I found it smelled fresh but not too strong, which is my preference.
- 2. Transfer them directly from the wash to the dryer. Once the wash is done, you just move the sheets with the clothes to the dryer, and they act as dryer sheets. My clothes felt fluffy and didn’t have any static cling to them when I took them out. Mission accomplished.
- 3. They’re stain removers, too. You can pretreat stains with the sheets by rubbing one on the problem area before you toss it in the wash. In one review, an Amazon customer raved about how great it worked for them: “Had a stain on a pair of pants I almost gave up on, but rubbed them with a wipe before putting into the wash and they came out looking brand new.”
- 4. You can also use them to clean your machine. According to the company, the laundry sheets have an antibacterial solution that constantly cleans and disinfects your washer with each load. If you want to get it really clean, you can throw three or four sheets in an empty machine and run a clean or heavy cycle at a high temperature.
What’s in Them?
All the ingredients in Dreambly Laundry Sheets are natural and biodegradable, according to the company. The scent comes from essential oils, and there are no perfumes or synthetic dyes.
As with anything you use that comes into contact with your skin, though, be cautious of sensitivity or allergic reactions from certain ingredients. If you have a reaction, stop using them immediately.
Who Are They Good For?
I think that anyone looking for a way to streamline the chore of laundry can benefit from this product, but as I was using it, I thought about a few groups of people these sheets are especially great for.
- 1. Busy parents: When you’ve got a kid hanging on your leg as you’re doing laundry, it’s much more quick and easy to just toss the sheet into the laundry versus having to measure and pour liquid detergent in there. Even if it saves only a minute, we all know that’s valuable time!
- 2. College students: I wish I had this when I was living in the dorm. It’s a lot lighter to tote to a communal laundry room than a huge bottle of detergent. Plus, it’s pretty much foolproof, which is great for those who are just starting to do laundry on their own.
- 3. Laundromat users: If you don’t have a washer and dryer in your home and you either use a communal one in your building or at a neighborhood laundromat, these are great since you don’t have to tote a heavy detergent bottle around.
For more laundry hacks, check out:
- How to wash clothes without detergent or soap using a 'Laundry Egg'
- 5 of the best laundry detergents, according to experts
- The best handheld steamers, according to laundry professionals