Get the latest from TODAY
Break out the punch bowl! Take the stress out of holiday entertaining by creating a signature drink (or two!) that guests can serve themselves. Here are seven big-batch cocktail recipes to try, from holiday classics to surprising creations.
1. Champagne holiday punch: Because champagne is the basis of this pink punch from Between Naps on the Porch, it makes a perfect potion for a New Year’s Eve bash.
2. Mulled wine: Make Gimme Some Oven’s spiced mulled wine in the slow cooker for even less effort this bustling season.
3. Homemade eggnog: Eggnog is the quintessential holiday favorite, and works well when served from a great big bowl. Will Cook for Friends' recipe can grow as large as your group.
4. White Christmas sangria: The cranberries in this white sangria from Cooking Stoned make a gorgeous presentation in a big glass bowl.
5. Spiced caramel apple cider: This hot beverage from Butter With a Side of Bread works great for an all-ages crowd—let the adults spike with booze to taste. Don’t forget to leave out a can of whipped cream and a jar of caramel sauce for guests to put on the finishing touches!
6. Christmas punch: Cranberry juice gives this simple punch from Making Lemonade its festive hue — and a bottle of champagne gives it kick. (Substitute lemon-lime soda for a virgin twist.) Use a spring of rosemary as a fragrant garnish.
7. Apple, pear and pomegranate sangria: Use freshly ground nutmeg in this fruity sangria recipe from Sweet Peas and Saffron for an extra flavorful complement to the colorful floating fruit.
This story was originally published Dec. 20, 2014 on TODAY.com.