Get the latest from TODAY
This year's collection of Oprah’s Favorite Things features 72 gifts available this holiday season — and you don't have to have Oprah Winfrey's bank account to afford some of the best items.
TODAY.com sifted through all 72 options featured on this year’s list and picked five affordable options that won’t leave your stocking less stuffed — as well as three more expensive gifts for recipients who have been far more nice than naughty.
5 Favorite Things picks available for less than $100:
- For the young and the young-at-heart, Garnet Hill’s crocheted hats are $40 apiece. In addition to Viking-inspired hats — including one with a crocheted white beard — lauded by Favorite Things, the store offers comparably cute cupcake, pony and princess-themed hats for the same price.
- Described by Favorite Things as "supersoft," Pinecone Hill’s Sheepy Fleece Robe comes in colors ranging from key lime to coral. Retail price is $84, but shoppers can get 20 percent off online with the discount code “Oprah.”
- Minted’s Heart Snapshot Mix Photo Art feature allows users to upload 30 photos to be arranged into a heart-shaped collage for as little as $29 unframed, and $42 framed.
- The Mini Filled Bagel Balls Variety Pack from Bantam Bagels are doughnut-hole-sized bagels stuffed with specialty cream cheeses. The variety pack is list-priced at $36 for 36 bagel bites, but using the online order code of "Oprah" should save you 20 percent.
- Want to try to predict what Winfrey’s staff will pick in 2015? Perhaps her own compilation of essays for O Magazine, “What I Know for Sure” (Flatiron Books, 2014) may provide some clues. And what a coincidence! It’s one of this year’s Favorite Things, available for $25 on Flatiron’s website.
3 Favorite Things picks for shoppers who want to splurge:
- Neiman Marcus has exclusive rights to Beats’ gold-finished, noise-canceling Studio Wireless headphones and Bluetooth-capable Beats Pill 2.0 combo for $700.
- For the movie buff who’s also a tech enthusiast, Lenovo’s Yoga Tablet 2 Pro includes a built-in projector which allows users to display movies onto walls. The list price is $500, but Favorite Things offers a 10-percent discount and a free case if you order it via lenovo.com/oprah.
- Samsung’s pocket-sized NX Mini camera has a 3-inch, flip-up LCD screen conducive to fool-proof selfies that can be sent to Flickr and Dropbox accounts, a tablet, or your phone. Favorite Things lists the NX Mini’s price at $450; Samsung’s website priced it at $480 as of Wednesday morning.
Need a tough guy to remind you about last year’s Favorite Things list? Check out Jason Statham’s gruff run-down of some of the 2013 highlights when he guested on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.”
Follow TODAY.com writer Chris Serico on Twitter.