Valentine’s Day is only days away!
If you’re still searching for a gift — or if you’re looking “paint the house” red with décor —Martha Stewart has three DIY ideas for you.
- Acrylic craft paint
- Liquid gold
- Paint brushes
- Stencil tape
- Ceramic bud vases
- Using the stencil tape, mask off a line around the vase.
- Apply two coats of paint or liquid gold, then remove tape once dry.
- To add a little extra flair, place an adhesive stencil on the face in the letter or shape of your choosing. Apply two coats of paint (a different color than what you painting the vase originally).
- Remove the stencil and let dry.
- Add a flower and enjoy!
- Craft punches in heart shapes
- Sheet wax
- Pillar candle
- Using the craft punches, punch hearts from wax paper.
- Hold a single wax heart using chopsticks. Use a blow dryer to apply heat to the wax, then heat the candle with the blow dryer.
- Affix the heated heart to the heated candle.
- Repeat the process, adding multiple hearts to the candle, until you get the design you desire.
- Foam board
- Glitter, four different colors
- Mod Podge
- Paint brush
- Cut a piece of foam board in the shape of a heart or in letters of your choosing for a banner.
- Paint over the heart with the Mod Podge.
- Sprinkle the lightest color of glitter at the top of the heart.
- Continue applying each shade of glitter, lights to darkest, down the heart.
- Apply a second coat of Mod Podge and let dry.