Get the latest from TODAY
We cat owners are a very specific breed unto ourselves. Yes, we can become borderline obsessive about our feline housemates. But that's largely because, in my case, a bored cat is a destructive cat.
Plus, for those of us not willing to turn out homes into elaborately tricked-out play gyms, we look for stuff that works, but isn't an eyesore. To that end, we checked out heaps, and I do mean heaps, of products to bring you the best of the best. Your cat will meow with joy. And so will you and your fellow feline fans.
1. Hepper Pod Pet Bed, $112, Amazon
TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY does have affiliate relationships. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
I first spotted this on Jessica Seinfeld's Instagram feed, as she owns two cats. So I bought it. It's futuristically cool and is right at home with your modern couch and easy chair. Plus, both of my cats love to get their downtime in it. And every single person who comes over thinks it's some designer work of art.
2. Aspen Pet Self-Warming Corduroy Pet Bed, $15, Amazon
A more traditional and comfy option for those with more space than me. Cats love to curl up and warm up in here.
3. Boomer & George Cheshire Modern Cat Bed, $30, Walmart
Cats love being up high, for the most part, and having their own private enclosed space from which to observe the world. And this one comes lined in a super-soft fabric.
4. Kitty Cot Original Cat Perch, $45, Amazon
This thing is sturdy enough to comfortably sleep my, ahem, rather corpulent elder cat, and both of the felines love snoozing on it. Plus, as a bonus, today they spotted a massive spider outdoors! It was like cat Coachella!
5. PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder, $180, Amazon
This is the Lamborghini of cat feeders. It's fully automated and keeps the bowl full as needed. Plus you can remotely control it. Also, there's zero mess. And that's a big, big win in my book.
6. Catit Senses 2.0 Food Tree, $20, Amazon
My cats get really bored. As do most cats. Also, my eldest girl has what we call a horizontal sizing issue. Meaning, she devours food and it shows. This at least slows her down and keeps her busy. Plus it's really cute.
7. Doc & Phoebe's Interactive Indoor Hunting Cat Feeder, $30, Amazon
This very, very innovative creation forces cats to hunt for their food.
8. PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher Lounge, $50, Amazon
My girl and my boy both love this one, and I am crossing my fingers that it spares my couch. Plus it's subtle and unobtrusive.
9. Sisal Burlap Cat Scratching Post, $27, Walmart
It's simple. It's basic. It gets the job done. You can shove this into a corner and let the cats go wild. Promise you, they will!
10. PetSafe Zoom Rotating Laser Cat Toy, $30, Amazon
The other day, my fellow editor Aline was asking for tips on interactive toys that keep your cat entertained for hours. This is it, friends. This is it.
11. Yeowww! Banana Catnip Toy, $9, Walmart
Amanda Seyfried is not just one of my most favorite interviews, but she's also a major animal lover. So when I saw her cat playing with this brand of toy on her Instagram, I went and ordered some too. And guess what? They are obsessed.
12. SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Electronic Concealed Motion Cat Toy, $18, Walmart
This thing is not for those with frayed nerves. It's loud. But it keeps my two cats fixated for hours. The elder one just figured out how to turn it on on her own. Lucky me.
13. Pet Zone Play-N-Squeak Twinkle Mouse Wand Cat Toy, $8, Walmart
Another tried and true favorite. Cheap, fun and effective.
14. PetSafe Cheese Pet Toy, $24, Amazon
This toy is cute. This toy is compact. This toy keeps my two cats engaged for an hour or more. Need I say anything else?
15. Petlinks Scratch Around 3-in-1 Hide & Play Station, $24, Amazon
My one cat loves this thing. He curls up inside, and tugs on the rope and scratches here, as opposed to my couch.
Cat accessories for their human friends
16. GoLine Baby Night Light, $15, Amazon
You'll greet each morning with a meow with this adorable lamp.
17. Cat Toilet Brush, $16, Amazon
We have truly found the ultimate for your bathroom-cleaning needs.
18. Black Cat Pillow, $80, Uncommon Goods
I love this so much, maybe because it reminds me of my new kitten. And it's knit from 100 percent alpaca wool.
19. KATE SPADE NEW YORK Cat Bluetooth Speaker, $75, Nordstrom
Blast some Katy Perry, who has a cat named Kitty Purry, with this too-cute gadget.
20. Lovely Etti Hair Band, $45, Walmart
A set of six headbands adorned with kitten ears, purrfect for mask applications.
21. Pets Gallery of Three Mug, $19, Shutterfly
Yes, of course you can buy a perfectly acceptable but generic cat mug. But how about taking your favorite photo and getting a personalized one instead? We bet your coffee will taste twice as nice.
22. LONGCHAMP Large Le Pliage Miaou Tote, $195, Nordstrom
Ok seriously folks. If you're going to splurge on one totally kitschy yet stylish bag, please, please let it be this one from the beloved French brand.
23. Wildfox Black Cat Roadtrip Sweatshirt, $108, Shopbop
Show your attitude, without baring any claws, in this very cool top.
24. Peek-a-Boo, I See Mew! Cat Wall Hook, $12, Modcloth
Hang up your coat, your bag, your anything, on this charming hook.
25. Blue Q Socks with Cats, $11, Amazon
I own these socks. And I wear them with pride. Plus, they're really well-made.