Get the latest from TODAY
One of the best ways to spend time with loved ones (except for a tasty meal, of course) is to play a new and exciting game together. Below are 16 fun games for family game night to play this fall or winter, including picks for kids, teenagers and adults.
Party Games For Adults
- 1. PlayMonster 5 Second Rule Uncensored, $16 (usually $25), Amazon
TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY does have affiliate relationships. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
With this game, you have five seconds to name three things relating to the subject on the card. Unlike the original version, the topics on the uncensored game are a bit more risque.
- 2. PlayMonster Go Bleep Yourself Game, $18, Amazon
Read the phrase on the card and then write down something to fill in the bleep secretly. The rest of the players have to guess what the reader will say or try to be the funniest answer (there are points for funny).
- 3. PlayMonster Brain Fart Game, $20 (usually $25), Amazon
Also available for $19 at Walmart.
Roll the dice to get the categories, tap the timer to get the letter and then take turns naming things in the categories down that start with the letter displayed. Be quick! If it's your turn when the brain "farts," you lose a token.
- 4. Jeopardy! Alexa Skill, Free, Amazon
Use your Amazon Alexa to play Jeopardy with teams.
- 5. Talking Tables Prosecco Pong, $20, Amazon
Introducing the glamorous cousin of beer pong, the classic American college game. It says, "We’re partying," but with a touch of class.
- 6. Cards Against Humanity, $25, Amazon
This bawdy, fill-in-the-blank game has been a smash since its release in 2011. Six years later, it's one of Amazon's best-selling card games.
- 7. What Do You Meme?, $30, Amazon
This adult game will certainly get the party going. Using a deck of more than 400 cards, players compete to see who can create the funniest meme. It's like your favorite internet group chat, but in real life!
- 1. Spin Master Games Escape Room The Game, $26, Amazon
For the escape the room fan, this game brings the fun and excitement home. It works best for three to five players, so it's perfect for after the kids have gone to sleep.
- 2. Bob Ross The Art of Chill Board Game, $21 (usually $25), Amazon
You've probably found yourself watching and being completely mesmerized by Bob Ross's "The Joy of Painting" before. There's no painting involved in this game, just some art-inspired cards.
- 3. USAopoly Telestrations Party Game, $36 (usually $40), Amazon
Also available for $30 at Bed Bath & Beyond.
This game is great for a crowd, as up to 12 people can play at once. Take a card and draw what you see, then someone else has to guess it; the next person draws that and the game of telephone continues.
- 4. Clue The Golden Girls Board Game, $30 (usually $40), Amazon
If you love "The Golden Girls" and enjoyed playing CLUE as a kid, then this game is a dream come true. It's the mystery of who ate the cheesecake.
- 5. Candy Land, $13, Amazon
Also available for $6 at Walmart.
This classic hit is one that kids love time and time again.
- 6. Wonder Forge Richard Scarry's Busytown, $24, Amazon
Also available for $29 at Walmart.
This 6-foot long board game means fun for all of the kids. It's recommended for kids age 3 and up, so everyone can get involved. Think of it as the ultimate game of "Eye Spy."
- 7. Cardinal Games Jumanji The Game, $18 (usually $20), Amazon
Also available for $20 at Target.
If you love a wild adventure and a good mystery, this is game, based on the children's book and 1995 fantasy adventure movie, brings them both together. Be prepared to spend hours playing.
- 8. Classic Operation Game, $13 (usually $20), Amazon
This classic game is guaranteed family fun. Use the tweezers to help Cavity Sam feel better, but keep your hands steady! Kids can play with friends or by themselves.
- 9. Melissa & Doug Latches Wooden Activity Board, $25, Amazon
Kids open different latches that include surprises. It's great for helping to build motor skills as well as teach colors, numbers and animals.
- 10. The Game of Life Board Game, $20, Amazon
Also available for $14 at Target.
This classic is always a hit with everyone from kids to grandparents. You can have up to four players at a time.
- 11. Betrayal At House On The Hill, $33 (usually $50), Amazon
This 60-minute game is for mystery and haunted house lovers. Build your own mansion room-by-room and then explore it. There's lots of thrill and suspense in store.
- 12. USAopoly Clue Game Thrones Board Game, $34 (usually $50), Amazon
Also available for $50 at Barnes & Noble.
Calling all "Game of Thrones" fans! If you love the show, or have friends at the party who do, this game is a must. It combines the classic game of CLUE with the hit TV show.
- 13. Trouble Game, $9 (usually $13), Amazon
Also available at Target.
For years, Trouble has been a family game night essential. You can play with two or four players and it's perfect for kids. Leave it on the coffee table and your guests can play throughout the night.
- 14. Watch Ya' Mouth Family Edition, $16 (usually $20), Amazon
This is the ultimate party game. Players wear mouth retainers and try to say different words. It's guaranteed to bring some marble-mouthed laughs. Play with a small group or up to 10 people.