Get the latest from TODAY
You microwave last night's spaghetti and meatballs only to discover that the inside of your microwave looks like a bomb exploded. And heavens forbid if you let it sit for too long; that sticky stuff will attach itself for good. We've all been there!
If you absolutely hate cleaning your microwave — and who doesn't? — we've got a home hack that will change your outlook.
Normally, this task leaves you scrubbing until you’re working up a sweat. But we've discovered that by simply microwaving lemons in water, you can check this annoying chore off your list by gently wiping down the inside.
So get ready to sit back and rest easy knowing that your microwave smells fresh and sparkles from being so clean. Watch the video above or follow these super simple steps below to try it out.
1. Pour half a cup of water into a small bowl.
2. Then, cut a lemon in half.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice into the water, then drop the halves into the bowl.
4. Microwave the bowl and its contents for three minutes.
5. Let the lemon water sit inside the microwave for another five minutes.
6. Easily wipe the inside of the microwave clean with a sponge.
And marvel at the fact that you can now see your reflection in your squeaky-clean microwave!