Throwing a pool party can be an awesome way to get family and friends together during the summer. From the diving to the splashing, there's nothing more fun than spending a sunny day in the pool with your favorite people.
Along with the other party prep, you'll, of course, want to stock your home with some refreshing beverages (both adult and virgin). It's easy to toss them in a regular plastic cooler, but if you want to ramp it up a notch, try this clever floating cooler that will impress all of your guests.
Check out the video here and follow the steps below for floating beverage bliss.
1. Start with a lightweight plastic storage container and two pool noodles.
2. Measure and trim the pool noodles to fit along all four sides.
3. Flip the container upside down and line up your pool noodles along the sides of the container.
4. Thread nylon rope through the pool noodles, creating a loop around the container. Make sure the rope is nice and tight — this is the only thing keeping your drinks from becoming sunken treasure!
5. Tie the rope securely — a simple knot will do.
6. Flip the container upright and fill with ice and drinks.
Let this beverage raft float with you in the pool as you enjoy a cold one in the hot sun!