/ Source: The Associated Press
The following recalls have been announced:
- About 580,000 H2O mop steam cleaners, made in China and distributed by Thane International, Inc., of La Quinta, Calif., because the power cord can unexpectedly wear down and expose the wiring, posing a shock and burn hazard to consumers. The company received 10 reports of incidents involving shock injuries and eight reports of incidents involving burn injuries. The recalled products are electrically powered appliances for cleaning floor surfaces. Model numbers of affected units are 808.092 and OEM-TV-001. The recall includes H2O Mops with these reference numbers printed on the label on the back of the product: 200709198 to 200803148 or H20M1000 to M-H20M1198. The recalled products were sold directly to consumers by Thane through television infomercials. They were also sold online, by QVC through its televised shopping program, and by retailers nationwide from June 2007 through December 2008. Details: by phone at 800-485-0017; online at the Web site of H2O Mop Service or the Web site of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- About 25,000 Evenflo Switch-A-Roo telephone toys, made in China by Evenflo Co. Inc. of Miamisburg, Ohio, because the mirror decal can peel away and pose a choking risk. No incidents have been reported. The recalled toys were made between October 2008 and June 2009 and sold at children's product stores around the country, including Toys "R" Us. Details: by phone at 800-233-5921; online at the Evenflo Web site or the Web site of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- About 500 leather butterfly chairs, made in India and imported by Hobby Lobby Stores of Oklahoma City, Okla., because the legs can detach unexpectedly. The company has received nine reports of collapsed chairs. The chairs were sold at Hobby Lobby Stores around the country between February 2009 and April 2009. Details: by phone at 800-326-7931; online at HobbyLobby.com or the Web site of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- About 400 Art Collection leather shag rugs, made in India and imported by Chandra Rugs of Adairsville, Ga., because they don't meet federal flammability standards. No incidents have been reported. The recalled rugs were sold online and at furniture stores around the country between December 2007 and May 2009. Details: by phone at 800-258-6614; online at ChandraRugs.com or the Web site of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- About 4,400 hooded jackets, made in China and distributed by EMH Associates Inc., of New York, because the jackets have a drawstring around the waist, which can pose an entrapment hazard to children. No incidents or injuries have been reported. The recalled jackets have the RN number 115036 and style numbers WD36687 or WD36689. They were sold at Meijer stores nationwide during July last year. Details: Details: by phone at 212-575-4311, Ext. 104; online at the Web site of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.