It's a new year, so let's get rid of the old clutter.
As you push forward with your goal to be more organized, we're ready to help. Here are five things from your bedroom that you can toss or donate today. That's right, today! Check out the list below and see what you're willing to bid adieu to for the new year.
- Books you already read — and ones you aren't going to read. Hand them off to a friend or take to a local donation bin.
- Old technology. Still have that broken BlackBerry or the iPod you never use? It's time to let go. You may even be able to make extra cash by selling the gadgets to online sites, such as Gazelle.
- Old bills. You paid them off, so toss them out!
- Stacks of magazines. Hello, recycling bin!
- Old pillows. Experts recommend replacing pillows every yearas they are a breeding ground for bacteria and dust mites. If you can't remember the last time you replaced yours, it's probably time to do so.