At TODAY we take care to recommend items we hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY may get a small share of the revenue.Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! TODAY does have affiliate relationships with various online retailers. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
If you've dedicatedyour 2019 New Year's resolutions to cooking and eating healthier, you're going to want to stockpile accessible and easy recipes to keep you going. To help you out, we compiled a list of 13 impressive cookbooks that primarily focus on healthy eating and easy food prep.
1. "Skinnytaste Fast & Slow," by Gina Homolka, $21 (usually $30), Amazon
This cookbook fast tracks flavorful, figure-friendly meals for any night of the week.
2. "The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook," by America's Test Kitchen, $14 (usually $33), Amazon
You've probably heard a lot about the health benefits of a Mediterranean diet. Now try it at home!
3. "Lexi's Clean Kitchen," by Alexis Kornblum, $23 (usually $35), Amazon
If your mantra is to eat clean for 2019, this is the recipe book to own.
4. "Trim, Healthy Mama Cookbook," by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison, $21 (usually $29), Amazon
With 350 healthy recipes to choose from, you'll always have a delicious option for dinner.
5. "Wellness Mama Cookbook," by Katie Wells, $17 (usually $30), Amazon
This busy mom with six kids came up with 200 simple, delicious recipes that anyone can make easily.
6. "Clean Cooking," by Elisabeth Johansson, $14 (usually $20), Amazon
Cooking sans gluten, dairy and white sugar is surprisingly easy and totally yum.
7. "Spiralize and Thrive," by Dalila Tarhuni, $14 (usually $20), Amazon
The spiralizer is the kitchen accessory for 2019, and it's key to creating these low-carb, healthy meals. Check out the spiralizer our TODAY Food team swears by here.
8. "Easy. Whole. Vegan." by Melissa King, $14 (usually $20), Amazon
Say so long to packaged and processed foods for good with these easy-to-make and very delicious recipes.
9. "The Green Aisle's Healthy Smoothies & Slushies," by Michelle Savage, $10 (usually $13), Amazon
Have your "cake" and eat it, too! These recipes show you how to create your favorite food flavors in a healthy, drinkable form.
10. "Danielle Walker's Against All Grain Celebrations," by Danielle Walker, $24 (usually $35), Amazon
Healthy options for holidays and special gatherings never tasted so good!
11. "Part-Time Vegetarian," by Nicola Graimes, $17 (usually $25), Amazon
Want to cut down on meat in your diet, but not give it up completely? This book, which praises a flexitarian diet — one that is largely vegetarian but occasionally includes poultry, meat and seafood — is the one for you.
12. "The Ultimate Soup Cleanse," by Nicole Pisani and Kate Adams, $14 (usually $20), Amazon
Soup does a body good! Here, readers will be treated to 60 restorative and healthy soups to fit any lifestyle.
13. "Lucky Peach Presents Power Vegetables," by Peter Meehan and The Editors of Lucky Peach, $23 (usually $35), Amazon
Also available for $32 at Barnes & Noble.
Carnivores, rejoice! These tasty recipes are so packed with flavor that even meat eaters can get behind them.
Market work by Louise Gore, on Instagram @LouisePGore
This post was originally published in January 2017 on Today.com.