Real-life bounty hunters Jade, Jag and Gloria are four tough, smart women who know how to use their signature style and skill to take down fugitives.
From initial planning to high-tech stakeouts to no-holds-barred takedowns, these women of Court TV’s new series “Bounty Girls Miami” do whatever it takes to get their man.
The Bounty Girls need to know basic self-defense moves and safety tips to apprehend defendants every day, but these are skills that everyone should know as well.
Below are a few helpful and useful safety tips from the Bounty Girls:
- Always approach your vehicle with keys ready. Fumbling through your bag to obtain your keys gives intruders time to move in. Instead, keep your starter key in between your fingers when walking to your car. This may be used as an effective personal safety weapon. This weapon is useless if it is at the bottom of a purse or pocket.
- Women, keep your purse in front of you when walking or tuck it under your arm. This avoids easy access for people to grab or steal your belongings. If someone does grab your purse, let it go. It is not worth getting hurt over.
- Always park your car in a well-lit or busy area and scan the area before getting out of your vehicle.
- If you feel like someone is following you, turn around and make eye contact with the person. Most likely that may scare them away because you can now identify them.
- Carry a whistle with you that is easy to keep in your pocket or purse. If in danger, it will be easy to get to and loud enough to call attention to yourself.
- Try to not walk alone late at night, so you are not singled out as a target. Safety is in numbers — implement the buddy system when possible.
- When you enter a crowded place, such as a nightclub, immediately look for the exits. Always know your surroundings and perimeter in case of danger.
- Ensure that entrances are well lit. Sensor lights are fairly inexpensive and are excellent because they are likely to scare off prowlers outside your home.
For more information on “Bounty Girls Miami,” go to www.courttv.com, Court TV's Web site. “Bounty Girls Miami” airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Court TV.