When it comes to getting in shape, it can be harder to keep going than it was to start in the first place. After a few weeks, once we're happy seeing a few results, we often fall into routines, stop pushing ourselves, and let days off happen more regularly.
This is why it's so important to mix things up! So, in addition to drinking plenty of water, getting your 10,000 steps a day in, keeping your food diary and cutting out carbs after 6pm, I’ve worked up an entire week of workouts to shake up your routine. This will keep things fresh while you continue to challenge your muscles. I’d love to see you sprinkle each workout into your routine throughout the month!
1. Wall push-off pyramid (5 reps, 5 times out, 5 times in)
2. 20 jumping jacks, 20 upper cuts (Do this 5 times)
3. 20 high knees, 100 shoulder circles forwards, 100 shoulder circles backwards. (Do this 4 times)
Shoulder circles: With your arms straight out perpendicular to your body, rotate in a forward circle for 100 reps, and then in a circle backwards for 100 reps.
4. 50 apple pickers, 15 mountain climbers (Do this 3 times)
5. 20 pikes, 20 squats. (Do this twice)
Squats: with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend your knees and lower your body until your knees are about 90 degrees, and stand back up for 1 rep. Be sure to make sure that your knees do not go past your feet for proper form and to ensure the safety of your knees.
6. 20 jumping jacks, 20 upper cuts, 20 high knees, 20 slow mountain climbers, 20 squats, 20 pikes
TUESDAY: Do this mini pyramid 3-5 times:
50 mimes: Swing your wrists as if turning a rope, keep your shoulders back, core tight and jump side to side.
30 high knees:
20 butt kickers:
Do 3-5 times:
100 front claps:
100 back claps:
100 front shoulder circles
100 back shoulder circles
100 upper cuts
50 wall push offs
Take a class or play a sport, change it up! Try spin, basketball, boot camp, barre, racquetball, tennis, swimming... anything you want.
1. Mini pyramid: 50 pikes, 40 jumping jacks, 30 high knees, 20 butt kickers, 10 burpies
2. 20 alternating crab touches
3. Outer/inner heel touches: Lie on the ground with your knees bent and feet touching the floor, about hips' distance apart. To start, your arms are at your sides. Crunch up to the right, lifting up a few inches so you can reach out and touch your right heel with your right hand. Lower and repeat on the left side. That's 1 rep.
4. 20 alternating crab touches
5. Mini pyramid: 50 pikes, 40 jumping jacks, 30 high knees, 20 butt kickers, 10 burpies
6. Outer/inner heel touches
7. 20 second plank, 20 butt kickers (Do this 3 times)
Plank: Start by getting yourself in a push-up position, and then bend your arms 90 degrees, resting your weight on your forearms. Your body should form a straight line, from your head to your feet. Hold this position for 20 seconds.
8. 2 burpies, 20 jogs in place (Do this 5 times)
Jog in place: Stand in place and move your legs and arms like you are running, without moving forward. Running with your right leg and left leg is one rep.
Want more of Jenna’s Fit Tips? Sign up for my weekly newsletter!