Joy Bauer dishes up perfect, post-Memorial Day recipes that will help your body combat bloating.
CUKE-a-licious yogurt dip
Cucumbers are one of the all-time best foods for fighting uncomfortable bloat because they're loaded with water and naturally low in sodium (taking in extra water while halting salt reduces water retention).
Plus, they're a terrific calorie bargain: You can gobble up an entire cucumber for just 45 calories.
- 6 ounces nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- Mix Greek yogurt, cucumber, cilantro, cumin, black pepper and garlic powder to make dip.
Berkshire iced tea
- Lemon-ginger tea bag
- 1/4 cup 100-percent grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce vodka (or 1/2 ounce vodka and 1/2 ounce rum)
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint (optional)
- Steep lemon-ginger tea in 8 ounces hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and cool in fridge.
- Add grapefruit juice, vodka and chopped mint