IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

 

Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond calmly puts out sheet pan fire while filming

Even the professionals have their off days!
Today - Season 68
Ree Drummond on Oct. 22, 2019.Tyler Essary/NBC / NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
/ Source: TODAY

If you’ve ever accidentally lit something on fire while cooking, you likely didn’t calmly put out the blaze … but Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond appeared nonplussed dousing the flames on her sheet pan.

Drummond shared on Instagram that she had been filming her Food Network show on Friday when her sheet pan dish caught fire.

The video shows her pulling the charred food out of the oven and setting it down on the counter. Drummond then blows the fire out while laughing and saying she “had no idea” her dish had caught fire.

“Filming went great today,” she captioned her post.

Drummond always keeps it real when it comes to filming mishaps on set at her house. Earlier this year, she shared that a rat ran across the kitchen while cameras were rolling.

"I consider myself a trailblazer on Food Network. After all, I think I’m the only host on the network that’s had a large pack rat run through the kitchen in the middle of filming a cooking show," she joked.

Friday's fire is actually the second time this year Drummond has made headlines for a blaze at her ranch, though thankfully the most recent fire was easily contained.

In March, there was a brush fire on her property that both her family and local volunteer firefighters worked to put out. County officials told TODAY at the time that her husband, Ladd, and her nephew, Caleb, were injured in a crash after putting out the blaze.

Both men are expected to be OK, Drummond updated readers on her blog on March 15. She added that at the time, it was the 11th fire they had to put out on her property since November.