It goes without saying that no mom should have to prepare her own celebratory brunch on Mother's Day — but no one is saying that you need to spend the whole morning in the kitchen whipping up a feast, either. Let everyone relax and enjoy the day by pulling together this brunch menu ahead of time.
Each one of these spring-inspired sweet and savory treats is meant to be served at room temperature, so you won't need to panic about timing everything perfectly on Mom's big morning. And with easy-to-assemble berry parfaits and lemony jam-topped blini, even kids can help get the meal ready. We've even included a day-by-day prep plan from shopping to serving, so there's sure to be no last-minute scrambling. So gather round the table and raise a glass — and a fork — to Mom on her special day.
Make-ahead Mother's Day brunch menu
- Lemon Ricotta Pancake "Blini" with Jam and Whipped Cream Cheese
- Spring Asparagus Breakfast Tart
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Toasts
- Mixed Berry Parfaits
Make-ahead Mother's Day brunch menu prep plan
EARLY IN THE WEEK
Do your grocery shopping at the beginning of the week, waiting to buy berries until Friday to keep them fresh and ripe.
WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY
Make the blini and freeze as directed.
Make the asparagus tart. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until Sunday.Buy the berries for the mixed berry parfaits.
Make the cream cheese for the smoked salmon toasts. Cover and refrigerate.
Transfer the blini from the freezer to the refrigerator to thaw.
2 hours before you plan to eat:
- Bring the tart out of the refrigerator so it warms to room temperature.
1 hour before you plan to eat:
- Assemble the blini and the smoked salmon toasts.
- Assemble the mixed berry parfaits and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish the tart with dill fronds, if desired, and serve your Mother's Day brunch!