Inspired by their childhoods in Maine, cousins Sabin Lomac and Jim Tselikis decided to bring a taste of New England to California with their Cousins Maine Lobster food truck. The result? A popular seafood restaurant on wheels, serving up delicious dishes like this lobster quesadilla.
For the quesadilla:
- 1 (10-inch or 12-inch) flour tortilla
- 2/3 cup grated cheese blend
- 2 1/2 oz. lobster meat
For the quesadilla sauce:
- 1/6 gallon of mayonnaise
- 1 lb. sour cream
- 10 oz. plain yogurt
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz. chipotle
- 1/6 of a bunch of cilantro
- 1/6 of a jalapeño, seeded and deveined
- 1 oz. lime juice
For the pico de gallo:
- About 12 Roma tomatoes, seeded and liquid removed
- 1 white onion, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1/2 of a bunch of cilantro
- Zest and juice of 1 to 2 limes
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
To make the quesadilla:
Warm tortilla on the grill. Place grated cheese on 1/2 of tortilla, then place the fresh Maine lobster meat on top of the cheese.
Fold other 1/2 of tortilla onto itself. Let the tortilla grill for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping sides. Cut into 4 pieces.
To make the quesadilla sauce:
In a food processor, blend the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt and lime juice. Add in the chipotle, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice and blend together.
To make the pico de gallo:
Combine all ingredients.
Top the lobster quesadilla with 1 tbsp. quesadilla sauce and 1 tbsp. pico de gallo. Serve.