Remember when that greedy dude caught heat for trying to charge tourists $30 for a standard NYC hot dog? Well, now, the folks at Hebrew National have created a $200 hot dog. But let’s be honest, this is a whole different ball game. They add crazy high-end ingredients like morel mushrooms, white truffle oil and of course, edible gold flakes.
It’s the perfect dog for the one percent.
The rest of us will be perfectly happy with the $10 version, featuring portobello mushrooms, white truffle-infused olive oil …and hold the gold please! We’ll save that for our earrings.
Here, Hebrew National shares both recipes so if you happen to have some extra money laying around, you can do a taste test for yourself!
$200 hot dog recipe
- 1 hot dog, heated
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of fresh morel mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon of finely diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon of white truffle oil
- 1 thinly shaved fresh black summer truffle
- 1/8 teaspoon of porcini dust
- 1 tablespoon of 100 year aged balsamic
- 1/8 teaspoon of edible gold flakes
- 1 toasted brioche bun
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add in the sliced morel mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add in the diced onion and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Finish by folding in the white truffle oil and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- In a separate small sauté pan on medium-high heat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lightly sauté the thinly sliced black summer truffles in the olive oil until lightly browned around the edges, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- To Plate: Place the heated Hebrew National Jumbo Size Hot Dog in the toasted brioche bun and add on the cooked morel mushrooms. Sprinkle on the porcini dust. Add the sautéed sliced black truffles and then drizzle on the balsamico followed up by sprinkling on the edible gold flakes.
$10 hot dog recipe
- 1 hot dog, heated
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of sliced button mushrooms
- 1 gilled and sliced portobello mushroom
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced yellow onion
- 1 hot dog bun, toasted
- 1 tablespoon of white truffle infused olive oil
- ½ tablespoon of balsamic glaze
- In a large sauté pan on high with 1 tablespoon of olive oil add in the mushrooms and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the onions and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Finish by folding in the white truffle infused olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To Plate: Place the heated Hebrew National Hot Dog in the toasted bun and add on the cooked mushrooms. Drizzle on the balsamic glaze.