If you're hosting a watch party for the Super Bowl, dip is essential. But this year, try something different than your typical ranch-flavored dip. Go long and serve these unique and delicious dips from PopSugar.com's Brandi Milloy. Here, she shares her recipes for Buffalo chicken dip, hoagie dip and supreme pizza dip.
Slow-cooker Buffalo chicken dip
Courtesy of PopSugar.com/Adapted from Tina Herold
Makes 6 cups
- 2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cayenne pepper sauce (Crystal or Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped (3 to 4 chicken breast halves or about 3 cups chopped); vegetarian substitution: cooked cauliflower florets
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- Tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables, for serving
Combine cream cheese, pepper sauce, and ranch or blue cheese dressing and cheddar or mozzarella cheese in slow cooker. Cook over low heat, until cheeses are melted, stirring frequently.
Stir in chicken or cauliflower until combined; continue to cook until heated through, then keep warm in slow cooker.
Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers or vegetables.
Courtesy of PopSugar.com
Cook time: 25 minutes
When tomatoes aren't at peak season, substitute about 1 cup halved (or quartered if large) cherry tomatoes, as they tend to be more flavorful year-round. This recipe makes enough dip for two bread bowls; alternatively, refrigerate extra and refill one bread bowl.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 pepperoncini peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 pound Genoa salami, chopped
- 1/4 pound ham, chopped
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 pound roast deli turkey, chopped
- 1/4 pound provolone cheese, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 6- to 8-inch round loaf Italian bread
- 8 hoagie rolls, sliced
Combine the chopped vegetables, meats, and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
In another bowl, mix together mayonnaise, olive oil, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes until combined. Pour the dressing over the vegetable and meat mixture, and stir until everything is evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Carve out the center of the loaf of bread to create a bowl. Cut the scraps into bite-size pieces. Spoon the dip into the center of the bread bowl. Serve with sliced hoagie rolls and leftover bread.
Supreme pizza dip
Courtesy of PopSugar.com/Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse
- 1-8 ounce block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup ground Italian sausage, cooked
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and spices. Spread mixture into the bottom of an oven safe 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Top cream cheese mixture with 1/2 cup mozzarella and spread pizza sauce over it. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the sauce and top with sausage, pepperoni, bell pepper, olives and mushrooms. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Serve immediately with garlic toast or bread, and enjoy!