Whether you're hosting a football-watching party or a family dinner, Lucinda Scala Quinn's recipes for roast pork and garlicky collard greens will score. The largely hands-off orange pork marinates and cooks in the same sauce. Roast it low and slow in the oven while you take care of other things. Then whip up the Brazilian-style collard greens just before serving.
Scala Quinn offers this game-plan for game-day feasting:
- Open a couple large long baguettes.
- Schmear on some of the salty-sweet porky juices.
- Pile on some pork and top with the collards.
- Close and cut into individual sandwiches.
- Serve on a long board with bottles of hot sauce and cold beer.
You can can even make the baguettes in advance, wrap in foil to reheat, then slice.