Get out of the kitchen fast and enjoy the rest of your weekend with these meals from Dale Talde. The former "Top Chef" contestant is sharing his fast but flavorful recipes for garlic shrimp and adobo chicken.
- 1 pound 21-25 shrimp, peeled, and deveined
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of lemon-lime soda
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
In a sauce pot add oil, bring to a medium heat. Add garlic and fry until golden brown, add shrimp, toss to combine.
Add lemon lime soda to de-glaze, sizzle and steam. Cook shrimp till done then finish with lime juice and soy sauce.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (approximately 6 pieces)
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 red potatoes, medium dice
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper
Heat a pot with a little oil. Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté until golden brown. Add remaining ingredients to the pot, heat over medium heat for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.