For a delicious, easy-to-make dinner that's perfect for a weeknight, check out this recipe from Seth Adams, chef and owner of Riverhorse on Main in Park City, Utah. It's a classic seafood dish — with a twist — that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Crab cakes with corn & avocado relish
For the crab cakes:
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab
- 2 red peppers, diced small
- 5 green onions (scallions), green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko bread (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
For the relish:
- 1 ear of corn, cut from the cob
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
To make the crab cakes:
Combine all ingredients. Form the crab cakes to desired size. Brush a sheet pan with olive oil, then broil the crab cakes until golden brown on both sides.
To make the relish:
Mix together the corn, avocado, lemon juice and olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Serve crab cakes with the relish. Top with sliced green onions, if desired.