Pulling together a last-minute Super Bowl party? Food Network host Sandra Lee has your menu ready to go with these party snacks, as well as 5 Super Bowl party tips. Check them out below!
1. For a super-cool, casual vibe, bring some outdoor furniture like wicker or lawn chairs inside. Swap out every day throw pillows for ones matching your team’s colors, some NFL gear and even a few real footballs.
2. Make cocktail time easy, pour one versatile spirit like White Rum and mix with a variety of soft drinks like ginger ale, cola and for a great selection of no-fuss cocktails.
3. Make your pantry your first resource. Use the foods you have on hand like chicken, cream cheese, bread and meat from the deli to serve up game day dishes that will keep your fans coming back for more.
4. Prep finger foods like Spicy Drummies in advance. Cook them hours before the big game and keep them warm using sternos. Add game day delights like Buffalo Chicken Dip and blue cheese Cream Cheese Dressing for the wings right before the gang arrives.
5. For a sweet finish, pick up inexpensive table mats, plates in your team colors, and candies in coordinating shades bought in bulk. For a super send-off, stuff a “ball” with them. Trace the shape of a football (find an image online) onto card stock. Cut out two shapes. Draw lines with white chalk on one to resemble stitching; then sew both pieces together, using white thread. Leave 1/2 inch opening in the ball for inserting the candies.