- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Lemon slices
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Fresh parsley, for garnishing
Yield: 2 Servings
- Season 4 chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, dust with flour, and saute in 2 Tbsp. oil, 2-3 minutes on one side, flip and then saute 1-2 minutes with the pan covered. Transfer the cutlets to a warm platter; pour off fat from the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup dry white wine and add 1 tsp. minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly gone, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp. capers, drained. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side 1 minute. Transfer the cutlets to a warm plate. Add 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter and some fresh lemon slices to sauce in pan. Once the butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets. Garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe originally appeared on iVillage.