By Casey Barber
- 2 cups rolled (not instant) oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup roughly chopped dried cranberries, raisins or cherries
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup roughly chopped roasted unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Yield: 1 Serving
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined and transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy on top.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Bars keep, well-wrapped, in the refrigerator for a month or in the freezer for three months.
This recipe originally appeared on iVillage.