Break out the punch bowl! Take the stress out of holiday entertaining by creating a signature drink (or two!) that guests can serve themselves. Here are seven big-batch cocktail recipes to try, from holiday classics to surprising creations.
1. Champagne holiday punch: Because champagne is the basis of this pink punch from Between Naps on the Porch, it makes a perfect potion for a New Year’s Eve bash.
2. Mulled wine: Make Gimme Some Oven’s spiced mulled wine in the slow cooker for even less effort this bustling season.
3. Homemade eggnog: Eggnog is the quintessential holiday favorite, and works well when served from a great big bowl. Will Cook for Friends' recipe can grow as large as your group.
4. White Christmas sangria: The cranberries in this white sangria from Cooking Stoned make a gorgeous presentation in a big glass bowl.
5. Spiced caramel apple cider: This hot beverage from Butter With a Side of Bread works great for an all-ages crowd—let the adults spike with booze to taste. Don’t forget to leave out a can of whipped cream and a jar of caramel sauce for guests to put on the finishing touches!
6. Christmas punch: Cranberry juice gives this simple punch from Making Lemonade its festive hue — and a bottle of champagne gives it kick. (Substitute lemon-lime soda for a virgin twist.) Use a spring of rosemary as a fragrant garnish.
7. Apple, pear and pomegranate sangria: Use freshly ground nutmeg in this fruity sangria recipe from Sweet Peas and Saffron for an extra flavorful complement to the colorful floating fruit.