TODAY

TODAY   |  September 11, 2013

Analysis shows the rich are getting richer

Analysts report that the incomes of the top 1 percent of Americans rose nearly 20 percent last year, while for the other 99 percent, income rose only 1 percent.

Share This:

This content comes from Closed Captioning that was broadcast along with this program.

>>> the richest americans and everyone else. the wealthiest americans earned more than 19% of the country's total household income last year. that's the biggest share in 85 years. analysts say the incomes of the top 1% rose almost 20% last year. meanwhile, the incomes for the other 99% rose about