How to turn summer sales into fall trendsPlay Video
Even city dwellers can grow lush gardens, says expert Lauri Kranz
Gardening in summer: What you need to know before you plant
'Kitchen Cousins' take kitchens from desperate to desirable
Martha Stewart shares DIY ideas for Fourth of July
End of season sales are in full swing! To maximize your savings and your style, Style expert Jenn Falik advises us to avoid an all-too-common sale snafu — buying impulsively based on your current wardrobe.
Three of the most deeply discounted items this time of year include sweaters, blazers, and dresses. Here are major sale scores to inspire your next shopping spree, along with great finds to style them for summer and fall.
Sweater: On sale for $30, Backcountry.com
Trend: Leopard is a huge trend for fall, a leopard print sweater is a separate that can be shockingly wearable and versatile.
- Red blazer, $119, Bebe.com
- Marisa Straight Leg Pants, $69.50, Loft.com
- Enamel Necklace, $20, CharmingCharlie.com
- Everly Dress, $41, Shopsosie.com
- Flower Necklace, $38, Baublebar.com
- Bubble Necklace, $20, CharmingCharlie.com
Dress: On sale for $85.50, NeimanMarcus.com
Trend: Florals gone wild is the way to wear prints for Fall- definitely not your standard garden party frock. An edgy mix of bright and neutral hues is the perfect palette for a dress that can be styled seasonally.
- Zip-Up Knit Sweater, $79.50, Loft.com
- Lace Up Wedge Shoes, $45.95, Shoedazzle.com
- Fringe Bag, $79, Bebe.com
Blazer: On sale for $148.50, Bonobos.com
Trend: Al Roker loves it and nobody can argue with Seersucker as a timeless men’s style staple!