Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM ET
Duchess Kate turns 30 today and though she didn't throw a lavish bash (sorry, Prince Harry), she did manage to bid farewell to her 20s in style: The fashionable royal wore a stunning lace gown by Alice Temperley at the "War Horse" London premiere this weekend. (In an interview with the BBC, director Steven Spielberg said his wife Kate Capshaw needed to pass tissues to the crying duchess, who was reportedly touched by the film).
As for her birthday celebration, Palace officials say Kate will have a "low-key and private" affair, dissapointing fans who believed last week's rumors that she was planning a wild '80s themed karaoke bash. No matter how what she does, we here wish her a very happy birthday! We're celebrating the only way we know how — with a shopping guide!
Caitlin Moran of Style Within Reachrounded up affordable Kate-inspired buys in honor of her royal style:
1. Pearlescent flower studs, $3.80, Forever21
2. Trenchcoat, $49.99, H&M
3. Halston Heritage dress, $130, The Outnet
4. Cardigan, $24.95, H&M
5. Pinstriped welt-pocket shirt, $17.50, Old Navy
6. Wisteria Shirtdress, $76, Topshop
7. Mossimo womens' skinny jeans, $27.99, Target
8. Chelsea flat, $16.99, Payless
9. Lace skater dress, $35, Oasis
Kate's black velvet look for less