Must-have beauty products for guys and galsPlay Video
5 easy ways to freshen up a kids room with paint
Bobbie Thomas surprises mom and son with room makeover
See inside Chip and Joanna Gaines' home
Budget-friendly DIY projects for your home
Whether browsing your local drugstore or checking out the department store, beauty options can be overwhelming for both men and women. Luckily for the 9th year in the row, Glamour magazine has done the research for you. They polled their readers on the best hair, makeup, nail and skin buys out there for men and women as part of their "Glammy Awards."
The Glammies are Glamour's annual beauty awards for the best drugstore and specialty/department store products currently on the shelf. Ever product is chose by the regular, beauty-obsessed women.
Glamour magazine executive beauty director Ying Chu shares theireditor-picks of beauty products for men and women from the drugstore to the department store — all which are part of their "Glammy Awards."
Best moisturizer or anti-ager for women
From drugstores: Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer With SPF 15 ($10) Five-time winner!
- This product is a five-time winner. Its oil-free formula "sinks right in" and won't cause any breakouts.
From department specialty stores: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion ($26)
- This product is a nine-time winner. It helps your skin strengthen its own moisture barrier over time.
- Readers love the texture and clean scent and that it's light enough to be used daily.
More From Today: The 6 best hand creams for softer skin
Best razor for men
From drugstores: Gillette ProGlide Fusion Silver Razor ($8)
- The ergonomic handle makes it comfortable in your hand.
- Super fine blades make it easy to glide along the skin so it doesn't drag or tug it. There's also give to the blades so it conforms to a guy's face when shaving.
From department /specialty stores: Harry's The Winston Razor ($20)
- The aluminum model is more expensive but the starter set, which includes a razor, refills and shaving cream goes for $15.
- There is a charity component to the company. For every order, they donate a blade or dollar equivalent to an organization that shares their goals.
Best eye treatment product for women
From drugstores: Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller ($13)
- This is a two-time winner!
- Formula has caffeine to kick up circulation so eyes de-puff and lemon extract helps get rid of darkness.
From department/specialty stores: Clinique All About Eyes ($50)
- This is an eight-time winner!
- The "miracle cream" is great at "blasting dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles."
- It's great to use under makeup and at night.
Best after shave for men
From drugstores: Aveeno Men's After Shave Lotion ($6)
- It's super gentle and fragrance-free so there will be no stinging when you put it on your skin. The soothing oatmeal also calms sensitivity caused by shaving.
From department/specialty stores: The Body Shop Arber Aftershave Balm ($14)
- Aloe gel is the top ingredient so it naturally soothes the skin.
- It disinfects after shaving and is incredibly effective at preventing breakouts.
Best lipstick for women
From drugstores: Maybelline New York Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm ($4)
- Readers rave that it "glides on like butter," "I don't need a mirror to apply it," "It treats dry lips better than balm I've tried."
From department/specialty stores: MAC Lipstick ($15)
- Readers say the "staying powder" is incomparable and that the bold shades "feel silky and not heavy."
Best exfoliator for men
From drugstores: Yes To Blueberries Softening Facial Exfoliator ($10)
- The fresh scent is appealing to men and women.
- Exfoliating beads are derived from corn and the blueberries help to erase free radicals, i.e., pollution, smog.
From department/specialty stores: Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub ($20)
- The caffeine and menthol ingredients give you a zing in the morning. After using it, guys feel they walk away feeling really fresh.
- It's a great pre-shave scrub for guys with thicker facial hair.
Best hairstyling product for women
From drugstores: John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula ($10)
- Eight-time winner.
- The silk protein help makes hair look "sleek and frizz-free all day." It "cures static cling." too.
From department/specialty stores: Moroccanoil Treatment ($43)
- Two-time winner.
- Readers love that it "hydrates and repairs" their hair and that it has so many versatile uses: conditioner, detangler and styler.
Best gel/pomade for men
From drugstores: Toni & Guy Stick It Up Gum ($15)
- It gives a great hold to short, layered haircuts as well as adds a bit of shine.
From department/specialty stores: Aveda Men Pure-Formance Pomade ($23)
- The natural essential oils help condition hair and is what makes it smells so great. Men love the "manly" scent; it has spearmint, vetiver and lavender.
- Gives hair a great hold but doesn't make it stiff.