From her poreless skin to her shiny strands, the Duchess of Cambridge always looks impeccably polished, leaving us mere mortals — er, commoners — wondering how she does it.
While we had the scoop on the former Kate Middleton's hair, we still longed to learn how she keeps her complexion so perfect. Good genes? Expensive products? We weren’t sure.
It turns out the duchess's skincare secret is an oldie but a goodie — cleansing with a terry washcloth, or as the Brits call it, a face flannel.
And while you’ve likely heard mixed reviews about this method of cleansing (the most common con is that washcloths can be too harsh and spread blemish-causing bacteria), Preston insists flannels are an essential — wiping away dirt and makeup, while gently exfoliating. Just be sure to look for cloths with soft fibers, and wash them regularly!
Hey, if this beauty throwback is going to get us closer to having the duchess's flawless, glowing complexion, we’re willing to give it a shot. Here are some royal-worthy flannels to try.
1. Votary Cotton Face Cloths (pack of 5), $40, Votary
2. Tranquility Washcloths (pack of 6), $13, Bed, Bath & Beyond
3. Threshold Performance Solid Bath Towels, $5, Target
4. Shiseido Facial Cotton, $10, Ulta
5. AmazonBasics Cotton Washcloths (24-pack), $14, Amazon
6. Luxury Flannel Facial Washcloth, $6.50, The Body Shop