July 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM ET
This romantic updo looks elegant but won't take years of beauty school to achieve!
1. First, apply a heat a heat taming spray to damp hair and blow dry straight using a paddle brush.
2. Create a side part and begin twisting the front of your hair from the part all the way over to your ear. Make sure to twist in the direction that's away from your face. Let loose strands fall naturally.
3. Repeat on the other side.
4. Once you are done twisting both side, secure with bobby pins.
5. Gather the rest of your hair into a loose, messy bun and pin pieces as necessary.
A version of this story originally appeared on iVillage.