July 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM ET
Imagine turning the stones and sea shells you've been collecting all summer or the extra coins in your pocket into stylish jewelry. Now you can: DIY expert Erica Domesek. of P.S.- I made this shares unique ways to re-purpose your travels this season:
Coin charm necklace
1. Attach it: open a jump ring and attach it to the key cover.
2. Chain it: cut chain to desired length then attach key covers.
3. Clasp it: attach a toggle clasp to both ends with pliers.
4. Coin it: insert coins into each key cover for a charming final touch.
Embroidered patch necklace
1. Glue it: Squeeze a dollop of hot glue onto the backside of your seashell; press and hold it against the center of the cuff for a few seconds.
2. Wrap it: Wrap gold wire around both the agate and cuff to secure it in place (P.S- this also adds an extra flare to your new arm candy, so don’t be afraid to wrap more than necessary).
3. Snip it: Snip off the wire end with scissors.
Neon bib necklace
1. Design it: layout a design with the colorful key identifiers.
2. Connect it: secure the key cover by attaching jump rings between each.
3. Attach it: use pliers to add jump rings and a chain to the ends; attach a clasp to finish off.
Gemstone / seed packet earrings
1. Cut it: cut out your gem or flower with scissors.
2. Glue it: use a glue stick to tack on your design gently to a piece of card stock.
3. Seal it: with a foam brush, coat the entire design with a few thin layers of mod podge; cut out the design with scissors.
4. Attach it: use hot glue to adhere the design to a piece of ribbon or leather. Leave a 1/4" border and cut around it.
5. Pierce n' link it: use an awl or leather puncher to pierce a hole at the top of the design and loop on an earring wire.
For more great DIY ideas, visit P.S.- I made this.