Rosé is THE drink of the summer, so why not cool your heels in the evening while you get your daily glass? If you want to make a kid-friendly version of this, just replace the wine with lemonade or any 100 percent fruit juice.
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup rosé wine
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Place a 9-by-13-inch baking dish in the freezer.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth. Pour the melon mixture into the baking dish, skim off foam and return to the freezer.
3. Freeze for 11/2 hours, then remove the dish from the freezer and scrape the granita with a large fork. The mixture will be slushy; return to the freezer and scrape every 30 minutes, for about 21/2 to 3 hours total. The granita will have a flaky, fluffy texture.
4. Serve in cups or dessert bowls. Once frozen, you can transfer the granita to an airtight container and keep in the freezer for a week.