Chef Tim Love's easy vinegar-based potato salad is perfect for tailgating, picnics, cookouts and year-round entertaining.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons poultry stock
- 3 tablespoons Sancerre or quality dry white
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup of minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
1. Boil the potatoes in water until they are just cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size.
2. Drain and cover to let stand until they are cool enough to handle.
3. Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters depending upon their size and try to make them as uniforms as possible.
4. In a large bowl, add the cut potatoes, poultry stock and white wine. Mix and let the potatoes absorb the liquid.
5. In a small bowl, add the garlic, vinegar, mustard and half of the salt and pepper. Mix well to emulsify the olive oil and make the mixture into a vinaigrette.
6. Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes and mix well.
7. Add the remaining ingredients and mix again. Serve immediately or at room temperature.