This recipe is easy and it can be made in advance so you have more time to spend with your family on Thanksgiving Day!
Swap option: You can substitute 1 1/2 cups of mashed sweet potatoes for the pumpkin.
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 uncooked pie shell (either homemade or from the refrigerator section)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, slightly softened and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
To make the pie: In a large mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer the first 5 ingredients until smooth. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 20 minutes. Add streusel topping and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
To make the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine all of the streusel ingredients. The consistency will be crumbly. When it's time, sprinkle the topping over the top of the pie and continue baking.