Nikki Cooper of Two Jack's Nik's Place in San Francisco shares her recipe for banana pudding with strawberries. It's a classic comfort food dessert that's so easy to make.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1½ sticks margarine, melted
- 1 box banana cream pudding/pie filling
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon banana flavoring
- 3 whole ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 can whipped cream
- 1 bottle strawberry syrup
1. Thoroughly coat strawberries with sugar. Place in refrigerator.
2. Place vanilla wafer crumbs in mixing bowl. Pour in melted margarine. Mix thoroughly until consistency of crumbs is as smooth as cookie dough. Press cookie mixture into the bottom of 9-inch baking square dish.
3. In a separate mixing bowl pour in banana cream pie/pudding mix. Add heavy whipping cream. Whisk until smooth. Add banana flavoring. Layer pudding evenly on top of pie crust. Layer pudding with strawberries and bananas, reserving a few strawberries for decoration. Add a Layer of whipped cream, then decorate the top of the whipped cream with reserved strawberries. Drizzle with strawberry syrup. Cut and serve.