A good quality steak doesn't need anything more than salt and pepper to taste amazing.
- 2 strip steaks or shell steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, stems trimmed
1. Season the steaks on all sides with the salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a pan or a skillet over high heat until smoking.
3. Sear the steaks for about 1-1 1/2 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your steak for medium-rare. If you would like your steak rarer or more well done, cook your steak shorter or longer accordingly. Remove the steaks to a cutting board to rest.
4. In the same pan, cook the asparagus with salt and pepper until tender but still slightly crunchy. Remove from heat.
5. After the steaks have rested for about 5 minutes, slice, then serve with the asparagus.