- 2 bunches torn kale leaves, rinsed, stems removed
- 3/4 bunch cilantro, rinsed, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sliced shallots, caramelized
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 pound (about 16) large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Kale-Almond Pesto: In a food processor, combine the kale, cilantro and salt. Pulse until the kale leaves are finely chopped. Add the shallots, ricotta and feta. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Scrape down the sides. Add the toasted almonds and garlic and pulse again. Set aside.
For the Pasta: Cook the linguine according to directions on the box. (You can also drizzle olive oil in a large pot of salted boiling water, add the linguine and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes.)
For the Smoky Shrimp: Meanwhile, in a large heavy-bottomed pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the paprika, and then add the shrimp, and salt and pepper. Make sure to stir often and cook the shrimp until they just turn pink.
Lastly! Once the pasta is ready (I prefer a little al dente), drain it, put it back in the pot it came from, add the smoky shrimp and mix in the pesto. Toss it well before serving.