Spice up your Halloween party with a warm blood-red punch simmered with seasonal flavors — cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Guests can ladle it directly from the slow cooker, which will keep your concoction warm all evening long. It's alcohol-free, so bloodthirsty little goblins and grownups alike can partake. If the adults want an extra kick, set out a bottle of bourbon to add to individual glasses. For the final gory touch? Garnish with a juicy blood orange wedge (drips encouraged).
- 2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
- 3 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 cups lemonade
- 2 blood oranges
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
1. In a slow cooker, combine the cranberry juice, pomegranate juice and lemonade. Thinly slice 1 blood orange and add to the slow cooker.
2. In a double thickness of cheesecloth, place the cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Gather the corners to form a bag and tie securely with kitchen twine. Add the spice bag to the cranberry mixture, making sure the bag is submerged.
3. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Remove the spice bag and discard. Cut the remaining blood orange into wedges. Garnish each punch glass with an orange wedge.