In the summer, I love eating all kinds of clams—raw littlenecks on the half shell, steamers, fried whole-belly soft shells. Made with sour cream, cream cheese, bacon, and chopped clams, this dip is almost like a super-thick chowder. I’ve kicked it up with a good dose of Tabasco, but definitely keep some extra handy for those who like a lot of heat.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and cubed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams, drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, plus more for serving
In a slow cooker, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, clams, bacon, Worcestershire, and Tabasco.
Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or low for 2 to 3 hours, until the cheese has melted. Stir thoroughly before serving, making sure all the ingredients are well combined. Serve with potato chips or crackers.