Give the dish some color and style it your way with a variety of toppings like chopped avocado, thinly sliced scallions and spicy jalapeños.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 package store-bought taco seasoning
- 12 ounces frozen squash, thawed
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces store-bought jarred taco sauce
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, plus more for serving
- Chopped avocado, scallions and jalapeños, for serving (optional)
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
3. Add the taco seasoning and squash, and cook for a few more minutes, until everything is combined.
4. Add the pasta, chicken stock and taco sauce and bring to a boil.
5. Stir everything up, cover the pot, lower to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Uncover, add the cheese, and simmer until the cheese has melted and sauce has thickened. Add a little more cheese on the top before serving, plus your favorite garnishes like chopped avocado, scallions and jalapeños.