The secret to Siri Pinter's easy and festive holiday cookies is using store-bought brownie mix to for a perfect fudge texture every time.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brewed coffee, cooled
- 1¾ cups store-bought fudge brownie mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package semi sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes, divided
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together brownie mix, flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar. Add egg, vanilla and coffee and mix. Slowly mix in dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips and half of the crushed candy canes and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Place rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased (or parchment lined) baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes on top of the cookies. Bake for 2 minutes. Cool and serve.