I love this recipe because it's so fresh and healthy. Add a crumble of feta or goat cheese and it becomes a great option for lunch. Finish it with a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts or pumpkin seeds on top.
Technique tip: Be careful not to overcook the asparagus, as it will lose its texture and color. It's better to undercook it rather than overcook it. To keep your salad greens nice in fresh, store them wrapped in a damp clean cloth.
Swap option: Instead of the asparagus you could use green beans, zucchini or broccoli.
- 8 spears asparagus, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the sliced asparagus on a sheet pan and toss with the canola oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spread out in a single layer on the sheet pan. Roast for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
3. While the asparagus is roasting, make the salad dressing. Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Toss the roasted asparagus, sliced avocado and mixed greens with the salad dressing and serve.