There is no side dish as simple and sweet as Ed Brown's roasted acorn squash with maple syrup and cinnamon. It will beautifully complement any salty, savory main dish you put on the table.
- 2 acorn squash, washed, split, seeded, cut into sixths
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt to taste (flakes preferred)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine squash, syrup and spices well.
3. Lay squash in a single layer on non-stick baking tray.
4. Divide soft butter equally onto all pieces.
5. Pour water onto baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle flaky salt on top.
7. Bake until tender and golden, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.