Chef Geoffrey Zakarian tosses together a beautiful vegetable dish that works for a party or an everyday dinner.
- 4 sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 sprigs sage
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon shallots, finely minced
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 1/2 cup Greek feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup natural almonds (skin on), toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a sheet tray in the oven to heat it.
Toss the sweet potatoes with the ginger, orange zest, and olive oil. Season liberally with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Remove the hot sheet tray from the oven and carefully place on a trivet or on your stove top. Place the sweet potato slices onto the hot sheet tray.
Place the sage sprigs on top of the potatoes. Roast in the oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, sherry vinegar, honey, and shallots. Slowly whisk in the almond oil to form a dressing. Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Lightly toss the roasted potatoes in the vinaigrette. Arrange on a platter and top with the feta, pomegranates, almonds, and scallions.